Review Vesta CNG
LADA Vesta is built on the universal platform which allows usage of the most diverse powertrains – this potential had been foreseen already in the process of vehicle design.
Vesta CNG is a modification which allows using two types of fuel: compressed natural gas (methane) and petrol.
- Future European Toxicity Standards Conformity.
- Fuel cost reduced more than 3 times when running on compressed natural gas.
- Increased mileage of fully fueled car (unrefueled range is more than 1000 km).
- Natural gas (methane) is less explosive than propane and petrol.
- Running on natural gas increases engine life.
Vesta CNG Components
Metal-composite gas cylinder for compressed natural gas is located behind the rear seat back and equipped with built-in safety device and high speed valves which avoid chance of gas cylinder explosion and uncontrolled gas leaks in case of gas pipeline failure.
Gas filler is located on the right side of the vehicle inside the filler flap close to petrol filler neck.
|1. Filler |
2. Fuel tank (petrol)
3. Inlet module
4. Gas manifold
5. Gas pressure regulator
6. Exhaust system
7. Gas cylinder
1000 km without refueling
Fuel supply system uses timed fuel injection method with controlled intake system using four gas and four petrol nozzles.
Engine starts on petrol and then it automatically switches to gas.
In case of running out of gas the engine automatically switches to petrol power (with gas equipment installed standard 55 liter petrol tank will also stay). You can switch from gas to petrol also using switch "gas/petrol".